Tuesday, May 12, 2009

cupcake cookoff at union pool












i went to the third annual cupcake cookoff hosted by the brooklyn kitchen last evening.  there were sixty entries that ranged from banana cupcakes with peanut butter frosting topped with bacon bits, to vanilla citrus cake with mascarpone frosting, to mexican hot chocolate cupcakes.
my favorite, aesthetically, was a vanilla cupcake with strawberry frosting topped with bluebirds and ladybugs (at left) by cake hero.  she got my vote.  i also really liked the 24-carat cupcake (at right).  this was a carrot cake cupcake with cream cheese frosting.  

cupcakes aside, my favorite part about the event was that all proceeds benefited the greenpoint soup kitchen.  

(below: creamsicle cupcakes & mexican hot chocolate cupcake)

1 comment:

Cake Hero said...

Thanks for your vote and kind words, Heather! This was my first year participating in the Cupcake Cookoff and I loved it...so much fun and everyone was so nice. I am definitely going to enter again next year, I already can't wait!